The Trust Index©
The Great Place to Work® Trust Index© is an employee survey tool that measures the levels of trust, pride, and camaraderie within your workplace. Employee responses to this instrument comprise the majority of an organisation's score for all of our Lists of Best Companies. We make this instrument available to accepted applicants for any of our Best Companies lists during the employee survey portion of the application process.
The information that follows will provide you with a sense of the nature of the survey.
The Trust Index©:
- Consists of about 50 statements that cover credibility, respect, fairness, pride, and camaraderie – the five dimensions that correspond with the Great Place to Work® Model©.
- The positively worded statements fall into one of the five dimensions of the Model©. Some sample statements follow:
Management keeps me informed about important issues and changes. People around here are given a lot of responsibility.
Management involves people in decisions that affect their jobs or work environment. I am offered training and development to further myself professionally.
- Contains open-ended questions which allow employees to express, in their own words, what makes their company great.
- Takes just 15 minutes for employees to complete
How It Works
- Surveys are conducted on paper or via the web (for organisations that meet our criteria for online participation)
- Employees submit surveys directly to the Great Place to Work® Institute Japan either via postage-paid envelope or the Internet.